Winter solstice. and new beginnings

Today was that special day where we in our hemisphere have the least amount of daylight in the year. For me, it is the day that announces the beginning of a new year with spring coming, just inching along for now, but still, coming. It is also a period of many birthdays in our family. Now why do you think this happens? Little clumps of celebratory days leading up to Christmas and the new year. Birthdays are such special days. In fact we celebrate Christmas to celebrate the birthday of a man born long ago in Bethlehem. What change he brought to this world.
We are having weird weather this week and weekend. tonight it has started to rain, and there was some freezing rain last night. Over the next couple of days there is rain, fog, freezing rain. snow, and ice pellets all in the forecast. It will sort itself out eventually, but my hope this will happen before all the holiday travelers start on the roads.
I have my start made for Bonnie Hunters mystery. In addition to completing the cutting for Clue number one, I have 15 units made for that clue, and I've downloaded all to the fur clues released to this point. This morning I did a mini cleanup of the sewing area. What a pain. It did allow me to start a small baby quilt for a little one who is scheduled to arrive in Feb. Since my plans include being at a quilt show in Phoenix then, I'd like to get this project done in advance. I'm making a chenille quilt using printed flannel. It sure is tedious sewing all of those 5/8" rows, but the result is so cozy and easy care that I persist. It is so exciting for young families expecting that first baby. I remember from my own experience.
Perhaps I'll get to the point that a pic is possible tomorrow. We'll wait and see
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts