Machine quilting- my learning experience

My first lesson is done. Martha, with the patience of the saints, supported me at her shop with her shop machine through the completion of a lap sized quilt. Ta Da! This smaller quilt is destined to be a cottage throw. If anyone is thinking of getting a quilter, my most encouraging advice is to purchase from a dealer where ongoing support is readily available. I know that Martha and the Covered Bridge Quiltery staff want me to succeed, and their actions lead in that direction. There is a lot to learn, and it won't happen in one session, if you are at all like me. There is so much information as you begin the journey. Yesterdays lesson looks like this today.


The pattern is a simple meander, but effective with this block arrangement. The binding is a burgundy colour found in the quilt body. This is exciting and there is so much to look forward to in the future.

There is some sadness this morning. A good friend of mine, Karen, has lost her mother . Her mum was the great age of 90yrs. Isn't it wonderful that she was with the family this length of time, but the heartache is so very acute when our parents leave us. My thoughts and prayers are with her children and grandchildren. Be sure to include these friends in your thoughts as well.

This is my offering today. I'm off to the cottage and the Pugwash library to pick up a book for my mum today. A clear road for each of you
lynn




Comments

Popular Posts