Beach time at Sandy Cove

It's hard to believe that it is almost one month since I've published anything new on my blog. That is not because nothing has happened. In fact, it is just the opposite. Like many folks, we have spent some time getting into summer mode. For me, that means hours spent attending closing get togethers for the various groups we attend from Sept to June. It is also the time of graduations, proms, and preparations for getting to the cottage. Man, but that is a big move. How is it that one must make several trips o get all of the necessities for cottage life ? Our Thimbleberries closing is worthy of a few words. This group of women are sharers. It is never stressful to be with them. This time we decided to try a different approach to lunch. Of course here in the Maritimes, no gathering seems complete without food. This time we each made a sandwich for ourselves, and a second sandwich to share. In addition, each brought one item to put on the table.nothing to complicated. The result was a feast. We had tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, cookies, mixed nuts,lemonade, which was delicious,and other treats as well. Blueberry cheesecake was our dessert.
My move to the cottage is now complete, and I am loving it. The tide marks my days, and the nights are accompanied by the sound of the waves as they either sigh or roll, or crash on the sand and rocks. Today the ocean is calm and oh so warm .It feels like silk on my skin. It is like being wrapped in a silk blanket.

Sandy Cove beach

Kids in the water with a new paddleboard. Looks like fun




Sunset at Sandy cove
This is my favourite place. This weekend is forecast to be WARM  I hope everyone enjoys the summer weather
Lynn



Comments

Popular Posts