Sunshine again

The sun is finally making an extended appearance and we are very happy to welcome it to our lane. As I  checked the Environment Canada site today , a row of suns greeted me. Summer is officially here in a couple of days, and also the longest day of the year. It is hard to imagine that following that day, our daylight hours start to shorten, a bit at a time. Oh dear!
At the cottage today, there was a cool breeze from the north, but with the sunshine, the day was very pleasant. Little by little, the construction work is reaching completion. Andrew is amazing. He has worked so hard to make this summer home comfortable for me. Thank you Andrew. Today he was installing the shower enclosure I purchased. I took the new vanity down today as well. I've not had a eal bathroom before. This, although small and plain, is wonderful to me. Unfortunately I left my camera there, so no pictures today. I did ant to share the new pics today, but they will wait.
On Monday, I drove to the Covered Bridge Quiltery in Riverview, and enjoyed a morning as a guest in the Pfaff Club. The members were working with a new tool available for the Pfaff machines. It is a circle maker, and it is so much fun to play with it. I made sixteen drunkard's path blocks between 10am and noon. It makes perfect circles every time, and so easily. That was definitely a fun morning.
Tonight we will celebrate our daughter's birthday. It was Sunday, but due to a death in the family, today is possible for celebrating. As she doesn't eat cakes, I made a light blueberry cheesecake for the candles, and will bring a fruit tray for snacks.
Tomorrow my nursing class of 66 is meeting for lunch in Truro. It will be great to see whoever is able to attend. Then I think my move to the cottage is imminent.
That is my short note for today
Lynn

Comments

Popular Posts