Friday Thimbleberries sew Day

Friday has come and gone and it was a grand day. Our Thimbleberries group met at The Covered Bridge Quiltery yesterday. We were missing aa couple of our valued members, but the group was ready to make more progress with our projects. My camera's battery was ready to help with the recording of this memory. I thought we'd do a little tour of the day, and introduce the group members.
We gather at Martha's shop
Inside the shop there are great fabrics. Martha and her staff are colour wizards, and she has a palette of blendables that would be the envy of many shops. As a Pfaff dealer, Martha has many machines available, including the long arm, the one of my dreams. Notions and patterns abound. Of course the list wouldn't be complete without mentioning the great machine servicing provided by Peter, who is the service tech.
This is Linda. She is lots of fun, and a great help if you need a knowledgeable quilter from time to time. Yesterday she was working on a rag quilt using some lovely warm homespuns. See some of the machines in the background

.I wouldn't want to forget to include a pic of the computerized long arm Pfaff has for sale. It is on my wish list, and is any reader has one, my best wishes to you . enjoy to the nth degree.
These are pictures of some areas of the shop interior. We walk through here on our way to the classroom.
Want to meet some of my quilting friends? Well first I want to introduce you to our fearless leader. This woman can figure out any quilt related math problem. That is just one of the many skills she shares with us on our quilting journey.
Sitting to my right is Jackie. She is also in the pic with Martha.
Jackie is modeling for us a Japanese styled jacket made by Peggy. It is handstitched in shasiko style using #5 perle cotton and is beautiful.
Jackie was a good sport letting me take these pictures to share. Isn't this a lovely piece from Peggy.






Renee is choosing a variety of blocks that appeal to her in this year's Thimbleberries colours for her QAYG project. Renee and I were part of the Intermediate Serger class this week with Cathy Constantine. It too was a great class







Donna is working on a Nancy Halverson pattern from the Art To Heart book. There is a ton of applique to complete. She has lots of patience.










Bonnie is already at the quilting stage for the tablerunner she is making. Like many of us, Bonnie is new to the QAYG technique, but she is rolling along The colours Bonnie has chosen are warm neutrals.It is amazing how showy neutrals can be.




This is Peggy. she has completed not only the jacket Jackie modelled, but also a top suitable as a table cover. she has already started another project.
This is a Lynette Jensen pattern from Block Party I believe.I find it has a crisp spring feel.


Joan is making a bed runner using this years Thimbleberries pallette. Before we left for the day, Joan had centred her first row on the batting backing combo, and was ready to begin the quilting.Joan does beautiful work.







We are missing Micheline and Nolita today, but hopefully next month everyone will be there for the day.
 This is the group. I'm so happy to be a part of it.Have I done too much sharing? I don't think so. Have a great day.
Ps. In answer to the question of what I bought at Keepsake quilting. I bought a piece of Amish black. That was it. I'm hoping to work with a good friend of mine using that piece with some Asian prints on a small piece of work.
Lynn

Comments

  1. Thanks for a great tour. Love Peggy's jacket!

    One piece of black fabric from Keepsake?? That's it?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is almost too much to imagine. The storee visit was reat enough I guess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts