What is in a process?

This evening after the evening meal was finished, and I am comfortably established in my favourite chair, I checked the weather forecast on Environment Canada, glanced at my gmail, and breezed over the jottings of my facebook contacts. Then and only then, I came here to record my thoughts, joys, and sorrows. I wonder how many other women have similar routines? I follow Karen Neary's blog http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/sewkaren/and today there was such a pleasant surprise. Karen had received her thread order. The Wonderfil thread in the box was exciting to view, and will be a joy to sew. I have used invisifil for my limited hand appliques. It is fine, and blends extremely well. The 50 weight is fine and strong. The colours are beautiful. I think I may be a threadhead. It is exciting for me to browse different thread displays, and to try various threads. The next serger class I'm doing next week at Martha's,   http://www.thequiltery.com/  will include using various threads in the loopers to create embellishments. I am thinking of using some crochet cotton, some perle cotton, and maybe even some yarn. It is going to be fun for sure.
There is only one more block to construct before all of my Easy Street blocks are done. Then the assembly of the top will begin. This part of the quilting process is always exciting for me. When a quilter sees a pattern that must be made, or has  an intriguing idea that wants to come to life, the process begins. In some cases there is fabric to be chosen, a schedule set for cutting, piecing assembly and then finishing.After deciding on a colour scheme,it is so much fun to search the STASH, then fill in the blanks with new purchases. Where one has an intriguing idea, the idea must be teased into a design, then a pattern must be created(lots of work). After this part, the quilter gets to move forward through the previously mentioned parts of the process. Now after this point is reached, the wheels of my train start to fall off. I don't seem to be able to see the project through the remaining stages all the time. Attesting to this statement would be the 40 plus projects still waiting to be finished. It is just so much fun to start another project. Tomorrow that last block is on my "to do" list.
I have still not settled my mind concerning the paper bag challenge. I think that the addition of other colours will help. I don't want to over think this, and end up on the deadline day with another UFO.
Tomorrow is also bread baking day. It should have been this morning, but I went into work for a few hours that ended up being longer than I thought. I cannot complain though, as I was working with good company and we were up to our eyeballs in high quality quilt fabric. 
Muffins are also on the production list for tomorrow. I bought some Granny Smith apples to try them in the apple pie muffins. Cortlands work very well too.
My eyes are starting to droop. A little basketball on tv, then off to bed
Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts